Your privacy and safety in the digital world are important to us. The provision of your personal data must be safe, and you can rely on us processing your data according to good practices. Nordic Waterproofing is a controller of personal data, and you can contact us any time to ask about the processing of your personal data by contacting the address provided in section 9.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to:
- describe how we use your personal data in order to provide you with products and services as well as to ensure a great experience to a client, supplier or partner and
- ensure that you understand what kind of personal data we collect and what we do – or do not do – with the data you provided.
When processing personal data, Nordic Waterproofing always complies with valid legislation, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Finland’s national data protection regulation and other legislation concerning data privacy.
2 What kind of personal data do we collect, from where and why?
The type of personal data we collect depends on your relationship with our companies. A more detailed description of the personal data we collect is available in section 2.1.
We collect information about you from different sources depending on the reason why we are connected to you. Mainly we collect personal data directly from you.
2.1 What kind of personal data do we collect?
We primarily collect the following personal data from you:
- information that we need in order to fulfil agreements and legal obligations and
- information that we can, on the basis of our legitimate interest or your consent, use for other purposes, such as sending newsletters and carrying out marketing activities.
You can view a summary of the processed personal data, its purposes of use, the grounds for processing and the data retention period here:
Suppliers and partners
3 Do we share personal data with other companies?
Nordic Waterproofing uses various database or software suppliers in its operations. We select these external actors carefully and always conclude an agreement with them, obliging them to confidentiality and to meet the statutory requirements for how your personal data should be processed. This is how we can ensure the safety and confidentiality of your personal data when processing it.
4 Transferring personal data outside the EU/EEA area
In some situations, Nordic Waterproofing may transfer your personal data outside the EU or EEA area. Such a transfer is always carried out securely and according to legislation. Nordic Waterproofing ensures that necessary measures are taken in order to prevent your personal data from being transferred to an actor outside the EU or EEA area that does not meet the statutory requirements for personal data processing. Transfers require the Privacy Shield arrangement, for example, or the European Commission’s approval of the safety of the country in question with regard to the processing of personal data, or that the agreement on the transfer of personal data has been concluded using standard clauses approved by the European Commission.
5 Your rights
We can only process personal data that is accurate, appropriate and necessary for the purposes of use that the data is being collected for. You have the right to control the processing of your data. Nordic Waterproofing is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in accordance with legislation.
Either upon your request or its own initiative, Nordic Waterproofing shall correct, remove or complement data that has been found erroneous or unnecessary.
You have various legal rights to your personal data. You have the right to:
1 Access your personal data (right of access):
- At your request, we will inform you of what kind of personal data related to you we process. We will reply to your request as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after your request.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal data related to you that we process.
2 Request the correction of your personal data:
- At your request, we will correct any inaccurate or incomplete data related to you that we process. We will reply to your request as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after your request.
3 Request the deletion of your personal data:
- At your request, we will remove your personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purpose of the collection of your personal data. We will reply to your request as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after your request.
- We cannot remove your personal data if there is a legal basis for continuing the processing of your personal data. In this case, we will act in accordance with your request as regards the data that can be removed, and if we continue processing the rest of your data, we will inform you of the legal basis for and the purpose of processing the data.
4 Request that the processing of your personal data is restricted:
- You have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data is restricted. You can require restriction if, for example, you consider your personal data to be imprecise and you have demanded that the information be corrected as set out above. While the veracity of your personal data is being investigated, the processing of the data is restricted.
- Nordic Waterproofing will notify you of the result of the investigation. We also ensure that necessary measures concerning the correction or removal of your data and restricting its processing will also be taken by actors to whom Nordic Waterproofing may have disclosed your personal data.
5 Request that data is transferred from one system to another:
- In certain situations, you have the right to request and receive your personal data in a well-structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from another controller and transfer it to them. Please contact us if you wish to learn more about this.
6 Oppose the processing of personal data that is based on the controller’s legitimate interest:
- You may oppose the processing of personal data that is based on the controller’s legitimate interest. If you are opposed to the processing, we will continue the processing only under the provision that there are compelling and justified reasons for the processing which override your interest. We will notify you of these reasons if required by the situation.
7 Oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing:
You always have the right to oppose direct marketing. You can cancel our newsletter via the link that is always provided in the newsletter.
8 Lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority which is the Data Protection Ombudsman in Finland:
- You have the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data to the Data Protection Ombudsman if you consider that we operate contrary to the principles of this Privacy Statement, do not implement your rights or otherwise act against the law in terms of processing personal data.
Requests concerning any of the rights described above must be addressed to the company. Such a request must be presented in writing, with a separate form available [here].
The requests must be sent to the address indicated in section 9 hereinafter. The requestor must prove their identity, if necessary.
You should be able to provide us with your personal information in a secure manner. This is why Nordic Waterproofing takes appropriate data security measures to protect your personal data from breaches such as unauthorised access, modifications and removal.
Even though we take appropriate precautions to protect your data, no measure is completely safe, making it impossible to achieve 100% security regardless of all the safety measures.
If we lose control of any of your personal data that is considered high-risk, such as your personal identity number, we will notify you of the incident immediately through the contact information you provided and no later than 72 hours after noticing the incident. Please ensure that we have your up-to-date contact information.
7 Changes to the privacy statement
We can change our data protection policy and this privacy statement from time to time. The valid version of the privacy statement is always available on our website.
8 Information about cookies
9 Contact information
Thank you for reading our privacy statement. If you have any questions about our data protection policy, we are happy to answer them!
Controller: Nordic Waterproofing FI / Data privacy matters
Address: Rälssitie 6, 01510 Vantaa
Telephone: +358 10 851 1000